Friday, July 27, 2007

A Visit to CHOC

I had a follow up appointment with my pediatric neurosurgeon, Dr. Muhonen, this week. Since Katie has been his patient also for a long time, she came with us to see him just for fun (much better than having to see him.) You can see that we actually enjoyed our vist. I am so glad to have Dr. Muhonen as my doctor. Before we left, he told us we were his favorite patients and gave me an i dog and he gave Katie an electronic sudoku. He even did magic tricks for us. It was a fun morning. He said I was healing nicely and I could even go swimming now. I am starting to be able to read and spell a little better now.
Just to let you all know, I am halfway done with my Harry Potter book on CDs. If I could read like I normally do, I would have been done by now!
Kelly

3 comments:

Lori Tonick said...

Hi Kelly,
I am sooo happy to hear you doctor said you were healing nicely. You and Katie look great in the picture. What a great freind Katie is to go with you to your appointment. Since it is ok for you to go swimming just give us a call and come on over and swim in our pool.
Love you,
Lori

Kimmi said...

i'm glad to hear you are doing well. Swimming will deffinately be a blessing in all this heat. Hope you and hte family are doing well. Miss you. Love you.

Kimmi

Oh yeah... thanks for keeping all of us worried people updated.

Anonymous said...

Glad to read that you are getting some skills back and I imagine that going swimming may be a blessing in this heat.

Please continue to keep us updated. I come check out the blog daily just to see what is going on.

Jacquie